Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One of those moments...

I just experienced one of those little moments that make all of the hard and frustrating parts of being a parent totally, totally worth it. After a long day of playing and potty training (five days now in big girl panties with only a few accidents) I was putting Caroline in bed a few minutes ago. She has been in a big girl bed for about two weeks now (pictures coming soon!) and our bedtime routine includes me laying down with her, reading a Bible story, saying prayers, singing Jesus Loves Me, and reciting Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. Well, tonight I laid her down and she said "Lay down with me Mommy?" I told her not tonight, that my back was hurting and I was just going to stand beside her bed and say prayers. Well, she reached for my hand and said, "back hurts, Mommy? Lie down, I rub it." I couldn't resist. I laid down and she rubbed my back with those tiny, precious hands through the entire bedtime routine. What an angel, I am so blessed to be her Mommy......
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers