Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BIG Changes!!!

We have has some big changes at the Coulter house this month. First of all, Caroline has moved into her BIG GIRL ROOM!! She actually changed bedrooms and has done great. When we were taking down her crib she did say, "No take down my cwib, my a baby" but she has never mentioned it since and is really proud of her room. This room was definitely a group effort and just about everyone in our family contributed. Caroline's "new" beds are her great-great grandparents...I spent many hours painting them blue. Then her Papa and Daddy painstakingly attached the headboard and footboard to the frames. Meme and Pappy gave her new mattresses. Her Mammy gave her the coverlets on her beds and the fabric for the blankets, bedskirts and pillows for Christmas and Caroline's great-gradmother Mymamma spent weeks lovingly sewing it all.I found this chandelier at Target and Caroline's Pop and Mymamma gave it to her for Christmas and Papa rewired it to hang from the ceiling. I found this old swingdown desk in my parents attic and we painted it to match her beds. It is in her closet for storage for now but will be used as her desk in the future.

Santa brought Caroline the dollhouse for Christmas and I found her cornishboard in my parents attic and had it recovered. I found the two wooden, hot pink frames at Big Lot's for five dollars each.
Caroline's green shelf is a gift from her great-grandmother Maggie. My sister Ginny came up with the idea for the canvases over the beds. She had seen some with the words to "You Are My Sunshine" painted on them and we decided that the words to "Sweet Caroline" would be perfect (for obvious reasons). Ginny also came up with the idea to sew on the fabric letters.
It makes me sad sometimes to see my baby in her big girl room but we sure love it and are thankful for everyone's help!


**Our second big change is that Caroline is officially potty trained!!! She has been in big girl panties exclusively during the days for about three weeks now and just wears a diaper and naptime and bedtime.

3 comments:

C. Smith said...

Morgan the room looks wonderful- LOVE the beds!!!

carroll lane said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! So adorable for such an adorable little girl! I'm sorry we didn't get to see you more the other day! Promise it will be a planned trip next time! Miss you all lots! Love!

The 6 W's said...

VERY cute!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers