Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baptism

I decided to start my blog with a post about Caroline's baptism because it was such a a special day and meant so much to Dan and I. She was baptised at First United Methodist Church in Decatur, Al and Dan and I joined the church that day as well. Caroline's great-grandfather officiated and he used water that he brought back from the Jordan river. (Brother Terry helped also) Afterward we had a luncheon at our house with about fifty of our closest family and friends. The food was great and the house was all fixed up thanks to Dan's mom and grandmother. Caroline looked and acted like a little angel. The only mishaps were when Dan's niece Hannah lost a tooth and then really lost it somewhere in the den and all of the kids crawled through the den on a "tooth hunt" and when Caroline's Mammy (my mom) stuck a dandelion in Mary Frances' mouth. She is my 6 year old first cousin. Anyways, it really was a great day and Dan and I like to view Caroline's baptism as our dedication of her to God, acknowledging that she is God's child and not ours, and as our pledge to raise her in a Christian home. We love you baby girl and thank God for you constantly!

Caroline and I the day of her baptism
Dan, Caroline, and Caroline's great-grandmother Maggie
Caroline with her buddy Anna Kate and her cousin Virginia
Papa and his girls

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers